We are looking to hire an Accounting Administrator to join our team! We have been in business for over 22 years, but we pride ourselves in our very strong, start-up style, collaborative culture.
The ideal candidate must be a teachable individual with strong creative problem solving skills and the ability to work in a team. Minimum of 2 years of experience with accounting or finance, preferably in a contracting or a start-up style environment. This position will manage 1-2 employees in the near future, so previous management experience is not required, but is preferred. The Accounting Administrator will work directly with the owner.
Keep in mind that our company is currently going through a rapid expansion so there are many opportunities for growth. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Generating weekly payroll
- Prepare regular summary of financials/create projections
- Develop, maintain and analyze company budget, compare actual expenditures and report findings to management
- Prepare and submit required quarterly/annual payroll reports to the IRS and NYS in prescribed format.
- Manage relations between clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Payables, track monthly job costs, process tax forms and payments
- Process bank reconciliations using QuickBooks
- (ad hoc duties or responsibilities depending on the business’ needs) *
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- 2+ years finance/accounting management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with people at all levels
- Notary Public (NYS) – a plus, not required
SOFTWARE / APPLICATIONS
- Microsoft Office
- Stable employment
- Medical, dental benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers